using xml/xsl/dom together

warren xml at globalrobotics.com
Thu Nov 12 19:39:10 GMT 1998

Hi,

[IMHO]...

 I am a technology consultant for an innovative web solutions company.
Currently we are defining a road
map to an extensible standards platform (xml java etc).

 You are correct in the functionality the user requires
and from examining the specs we believe that this is
definitely possible, however what is currently
lacking is a functional product... a browser(scriptable operating system)!

 We believe that we require something along the lines of... a WYSIWYG xsl
editor/displayer, retrieving xml data by xql. the editor [DOM] would then
parse & validate and via namespaces allow custom written java components to
render or compute the tag/elements.

 This allows developers to create full component based web applications,
page-masters to create full print quality & graphics & multimedia web
content, while at the same time allowing a user to customize their stock
quotes into an easily understandable presentation.

 But why wait for MS to implement this into IE5 etc.  Simply an application
to leverage these standards is all we want... let independent solution
developers do the rest..

 There are several other areas that we are investigating such as message
delivery and interprocess communication. if you are in the same boat as I
am, I would like to hear you opinions.

regards,

Warren.