Role of XML-DEV (was Re: XML-APP and XML-NEW)

Don Park donpark at quake.net
Sun Oct 4 13:26:58 BST 1998

Peter,

It was never my intention to diffuse or divert the concentration of talents
here.  It was my intention to avoid eventual dilution to come.  I don't know
about you but I can not see XML being accepted by all the relevant
industries without having a huge pool of XML-aware engineers numbering
50,000 or more.  Whether the XML-DEV hardware can scale up to handle such
number or not, it is ultimately unavoidable that the quality of XML-DEV will
be reduced as the result of wider and wilder populous.

Perhaps I am seeing too far down the road or just seeing things.  I see
XML-DEV taking up a role more important than even W3C and would very much
like to protect it as much as possible by finding release to those who feel
it should change.  My applogies if I stepped on your toe with my bulldozer.

Best,

Don Park
Docuverse

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)