TLAs (was: SOX)

Murray Maloney murray at muzmo.com
Tue Oct 6 19:46:43 BST 1998

At 10:24 AM 10/6/98 -0400, John Cowan wrote:
>I think that to avoid massive confusion this list needs to drop
>"SOX" immediately and adopt another name, given the appearance of a
>W3C note called "SOX" (yet another XML schema language).

On behalf of Veo Systems Inc, submittor of  the W3C submission
"Schema for Object-oriented XML (SOX)", I would like to
apologize for any confusion that may be caused by NOTE-SOX.

It is unfortunate that the same acronym was chosen at almost
the same time to discuss topics that are so closely related.
As it happens, NOTE-SOX was acknowledged by the W3C just days
after Peter Murray-Rust first mentioned SOX on October 1st.
Following private correspondence between Peter and I, he wrote
"It is possible that the code "SOX" may cause namespace clashes."

Veo appreciates Peter Murray-Rust's willingness to compromise,
and the indulgence of the participants in the xml-dev mail list.

Veo's schema submission is available from the W3C at:
http://www.w3.org/Submission/1998/15/

Murray Maloney, Esq.          Phone: (905) 509-9120
Muzmo Communication Inc.      Fax:   (905) 509-8637
671 Cowan Circle              Email: murray at muzmo.com
Pickering, Ontario 		Email: murray at yuri.org
Canada, L1W 3K6

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)