XSchema: Final review
rbourret at ito.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Oct 20 11:21:53 BST 1998
The final review version of XSchema is available at:
The review period lasts until Sunday, 25 October and covers sections 4 and 5, appendix C, and those parts of sections 1-3 that have changed since the last version. (The rest of sections 1-3 are frozen.)
If no technical questions are raised, the spec will be considered final on Monday, 26 Oct.
-- Ron Bourret
Changes since 23 Sept draft:
* Added ElementNS attribute to XSchema, Mixed, Choice, Seq, Ref, AttGroup, and AttDef. ElementNS is needed to refer to elements in a two-part (namespace, name) naming system.
* Removed Model from the content model of Model. (It is still allowed in Choice and Seq.)
* Clarified the description of Mixed.
* Created Enumeration element and added to the content models of AttDef and XSchema.
* Rewrote 2.4.0 (Attribute Declarations) to clean up existing material and incorporate ElementNS attribute.
* Added Doc and More to content model of UnparsedEntity.
* Added information to section 3.0 about how to construct XSchema documents that can be used in both namespace-aware and -unaware environments.
* Rewrote section 3.2 (Namespaces of Elements and Attributes Being Defined) to incorporate ElementNS attribute.
* In section 4.1 (DTDs in XSchema Documents), stated that, if an XSchema document includes a DTD, the doctype must be XSchema and any user-specific markup declarations cannot override anything in the XSchema DTD.
* In section 4.3 (Converting Between XSchema Documents and DTDs), stated that converters can generate comments at will.
* PIs are discarded when converting from DTDs to XSchema documents.
* Added public identifier to XSchema PI, made system identifier mandatory, and fixed names and capitalization.
* Mentioned FileExtension attribute in section 5.2.7 (Authoring).
* Added Appendix C (XSchema in XSchema).
xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:xml-dev at ic.ac.uk
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/
To (un)subscribe, mailto:majordomo at ic.ac.uk the following message;
To subscribe to the digests, mailto:majordomo at ic.ac.uk the following message;
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)
More information about the Xml-dev