http://www.scripting.com/98/09/News21.xml

Simon St.Laurent simonstl at simonstl.com
Tue Sep 22 01:51:18 BST 1998

At 02:43 PM 9/21/98 -0700, Don Park wrote:
>Could it be that the Firewall is very strict with allowed content type?
>Dave, what are you setting as content type?  text/html or text/xml?
>
>I think this is a very interesting problem.  Are there any other Firewall
>related problems with XML?

I had problems like this when I was dealing with (i.e. figuring it out to
document it) a firewall.  The firewall came with a large menu of MIME
types, many of which I'd never seen, but admins had to add new ones by
hand.  text/xml and application/xml are the least of the problems to be
faced; think of all the new types that will come out of standards built on
XML.

Hmm... maybe it's worth an article.

Simon St.Laurent
Dynamic HTML: A Primer / XML: A Primer