XML-data for defining schemas

Giorgos Kaltekis mcaihgk4 at stud.umist.ac.uk
Tue Aug 3 14:15:00 BST 1999

I am trying to write my own schemas using the Xml-data schema provided by Microsoft. I use the following lines
<Schema xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-data"
  xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes">

to refer to the XML-data. When I try to use the validation feature, for example put a string to an element whose type has been declared as an int, I cannot see an error from IE5. Shouldn't I?
So, I feel that my schema cannot use the features of the XML-data of Microsoft. HAS ANYBODY USED MICROSOFT'S XML-DATA WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM?
If so, HOW?
I would be very glad to hear some opinions, because I am working on my project for the university and it is very urgent to know whether or not I can use the XML-data technology is writing schemas.

Cheers,
George