adding new tags without error on DTD check

Paul Tchistopolskii paul at qub.com
Thu Aug 19 01:36:14 BST 1999

The easy workaround that I see is to add  the new tag to the
DTD with <!ELEMENT newtag ANY>

Rgds.Paul.

PS. However, I still think that if <!ELEMENT newtag ANY> would push
parser not to check for existance of the *clilds* definitions in the DTD,
but would realy mean 'anything that is well-formed is OK' it would
make our lifes easier  without introducing any ( even hypotetical)
trouble.  ANY is a hack anyway.

 paul at pault.com                XMLTube
 http://www.renderx.com Perl/JavaConnector
 http://www.pault.com   PerlApplicationServer