adding new tags without error on DTD check

Paul Tchistopolskii paul at qub.com
Thu Aug 19 19:55:32 BST 1999

What if you have more than one document?

I think that DTD is reasonable only in situation when you have
more than one document. DTD is kind of grammar. I think that
having grammar for only one document is kind of hypotetic
situation... I can imagine some  system which is generating
xml documents and grammar for each document, but I can't
understand what should be the purpose of such a system...

Rgds.Paul.

> On Wed, Aug 18, 1999 at 04:40:54PM -0700, Paul Tchistopolskii wrote:
> >
> > The easy workaround that I see is to add  the new tag to the
> > DTD with <!ELEMENT newtag ANY>
> >
> > Rgds.Paul.
> >
> > PS. However, I still think that if <!ELEMENT newtag ANY> would push
> > parser not to check for existance of the *clilds* definitions in the
DTD,

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)