SAX/C++ vs. SAX2

uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com
Sat Dec 4 21:16:09 GMT 1999

> I'd like to hear what others think on this issue.  There was some
> interest in SAX2 when I posted my alpha interfaces a few months back
> (most notably, but not exclusively, from David Brownell), but it was
> hardly a tidal wave.  On the other hand, I am noticing a building
> pressure from implementors to get something out in C++.

Have you considered that the lack of heavy discussion after you posted the
SAX2 alpha was because of its high quality?  There is little to argue with.
The Python/XML group was able to hammer out a Python binding based on your
alpha in short order.  We have put this to practical use in 4XSLT, and it
works very well.  I don't think there needs to be a lot more dicussion on the
way to SAX 2.0, but I hardly think that minimizes its importance.

--
Uche Ogbuji
FourThought LLC, IT Consultants