java pull parser / fragment processing

Stefan Haustein stefan.haustein at trantor.de
Mon Dec 27 17:45:08 GMT 1999

> >I have implemented a java xml parser following
> >the pull model on top of a normal (push) SAX parser.
> >If you are interested, please take a look at it.
> >It is available at http://www.trantor.de/saxpp
> >I am very interested if you think the interface is
> >OK or if you have suggestions for improvements.

I am sorry, I moved the page to http://www.trantor.de/xml
because saxpp sounds more like sax++ than "sax pull parser".
I forgot to exchange one of the addresses in the forwarder.

> I hear people using the term "fragment" on xml-dev,
> and I wonder how this relates to the term as defined
> by the W3C XML Fragment Interchange spec [1].  As editor
> of this spec and chair of the XML Core WG that is now in
> charge this spec, I would like to hear about any implementations
> of the W3C XML Fragment Interchange spec.  Does your
> implementation conform to it?

No, it is has nothing todo with that. It's just about handling
the parse stream from one fragment processor to another and back while
parsing which seems difficult with SAX.

Best regards

Stefan