SAX/C++: GCJ and CNI

David Brownell david-b at pacbell.net
Wed Dec 29 20:00:35 GMT 1999

Steinar Bang wrote:

> > ... there _will_ be multiple SAX/C++ bindings.
>
> Well,... personally I'll follow the binding that David Megginson and
> James Clark finally comes up with, no matter what it looks like
> (ie. no matter whether I like everything in it or not).

Lots of folk will make similar choices.  I heard voices already
pointing out they couldn't use a binding that didn't work on their
old funky nonstandard "C++" system, for example, regardless whether
it's a "blessed" API or not.

That's all I meant whan I said there "_will_" be multiple bindings.
SAX/Java hit a window of opportunity.  SAX/C++ missed one, IMHO,
so it's guaranteed plenty of competition.  Bindings generated right
from the Java code are not, and will not, be the only other options.

- Dave

p.s. No comments on the CNI binding itself?