ANNOUNCE: XML Conformance Public Information Page

G. Ken Holman gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Wed Feb 24 16:29:42 GMT 1999

At 99/02/23 14:24 -0500, Ralph Ferris wrote:
>At 01:32 PM 2/23/99 -0500, Didier PH Martin wrote:
>>In the page, it is said that the conformance report will be a xml document
>>(I didn't expected less) and that it will be processed with DSSSL.
>>
>><Question>
>>Does this document has a particular DTD is it a public one? will it be
>
>I have the same question. "Processed using DSSSL" could mean running it
>through Jade to produce HTML (or RTF for that matter).

Yes, and eventually yes.  That is the process I've established for
producing the report from the raw data.  Once we have honed the HTML into
the desired presentation I'll throw together the printing script to get
hardcopy as well.

>If the output is in
>fact HTML, I'd still like to see it available as an XML document.

I will pass this request on to the committee.

>"HyBrick"
>supports catalogs, so a public identifier for the DTD, together with the
>required DTDs to support the DSSSL architecture, would work.

It is all there, but under review due to changing requirements of the
committee as our work evolves.  The DTD is *very* content-oriented (to the
point of being too hard to follow for some who have seen it) and the DSSSL
scripts do a *lot* of munging to produce a number of indexes and cross
references (but I'm pleased with the end result).  But it is all changing
as our needs are changing.  Let me see what I can do.

Thanks, Ralph!  See you in San Jose!

--
G. Ken Holman                  mailto:gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.           http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/m/

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)