xml and servlets

Norbert Mikula Norbert at DataChannel.com
Thu Jan 7 16:19:00 GMT 1999

I am using servlets in conjunction with the Microsoft/DataChannel parser
(http://www.datachannel.com/xml_resources/developers/parser.shtml)

I found it very powerful to be able to use XSL stylesheets
(it is a combined XML parser and XSL stylesheet engine)
while still being able to have a high level of control over the
XML data through accessing it via the DOM and apply program
logic - from within the servlet - that would be hard
(if not impossible) with a pure stylesheet mechanism.

Norbert H. Mikula
Director of Architectural Services
Norbert at DataChannel.com
DataChannel, 155 108th Avenue NE Ste 400, Bellevue, WA 98004