Ptr to Fast Well-Formed XML parser (Java)?

Joel Riedesel jriedese at jnana.com
Tue Jan 19 03:05:39 GMT 1999

Are you referring to the Coins work?  (That might be a bit
more than what you're thinking of as that's more like serialization
of Java objects into XML - if I recall correctly.)

This would actually be quite easy to do right now.
In the server environment that I work in, we have our web server
embedded in our Java server environment.  That enables us to
deploy our server with servlets without requiring non-technical
people to figure out servlets, web servers, etc.

We could continue down that road and use HTTP and XML for all
of our communication quite easily at this point.  However, for
some other reasons I'm not ready to go to that step (almost
entirely performance related... our architecture has plug in
processing code that needs to operate very fast...).
(However, to back-peddle just a little, we'll probably offer
multiple APIs for some of our architecture, that allows just this
capability.)

But, the point being that this is doable today (in my opinion) and
without a lot of effort.  Throwing XSL into the mix, and now you've
really got an open modular system for the Web.

--
Joel Riedesel
Jnana Technologies Corporation
mailto:jriedese at jnana.com