ANN: XMOP Source C++/java up

Borden, Jonathan jborden at mediaone.net
Thu Jan 28 02:42:39 GMT 1999

I'd like to announce that I've posted an early version of the XML MetaData
Object Persistence source. See http://jabr.ne.mediaone.net/xmop/signup.htm

This is an open source, free project. The C++ source is based on the IE4
msxml parser. Since the release of this parser, the DOM has been finalized
and hence this parser is not DOM compliant. XMOP is being rewritten to
employ msxml 5.x, hence this code is for instructional purposes only.
Comments are welcome.

XMOP provides persistence and marshalling support to COM objects (that have
typelibraries!). This project uses the ObjectSpace STL library
http://www.objectspace.com (free). I also use Keith Brown's delegator to
dynamically wrap objects (via the XMOPFactory object). This version I used
is from October 98 ... with some modifications. The latest version is at:
http://www.develop.com/KBROWN
I've also stolen code from Mike Nelson et al.s OLEVIEW typelibrary viewer.
The wire format is XML as described in
http://jabr.ne.mediaone.net/documents/xmop.dtd

This project used to be called MBXML (marshal-by XML) hence the source code
names.

enjoy.

Jonathan Borden
http://jabr.ne.mediaone.net