Is XML dead already or what? Was: RE: What is XML for?

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Sat Jan 30 16:22:23 GMT 1999

Dave Winer wrote:

> We already have this. I hate it when people say things like "No one has a
> good,
> scalable solution for this now." We do. Are you supposed to be an expert on
> this stuff or do you just like to hear yourself talk?

Before I waste (er invest) my time, let's be clear. How high does this
solution scale? My customers have XML data on various scales:
50MB, 500 MB, 4GB and 4 terabytes. To which customers should I promote the
Frontier database?

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

Don't you know that the smart bombs are so clever, they only kill
bad people."
	- http://www.boingo.com/lyrics/WarAgain.html

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)