ANNOUNCE: XML::RSS 0.2

Jonathan Eisenzopf eisen at pobox.com
Tue Jul 27 08:16:08 BST 1999

Dave Winer wrote:

> I don't know, I think most writers are serious about writing and most of
> them don't care about XML. If you want to be able to do fun things with the
> stuff they write, you have to meet them where they live, or as close to that
> as possible.
>
> About XMLNews, I've tried to get wrapped around what it's doing, and I can't
> figure it out. An XMLNews for Newbies document would be a really good idea,
> if they want their format to catch on.

Well, there's a tutorial for the XMLNews-Meta format as well as XMLNews:
http://www.xmlnews.org/docs/meta-tutorial.html
http://www.xmlnews.org/docs/story-tutorial.html

If you read the meta tutorial, you'll find that the format is quite simple and
handles some important issues related to distributing news.

Jonathan.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)