HyBrick Support for XPointer
ralph at fsc.fujitsu.com
Tue Mar 2 00:58:04 GMT 1999
Previous announcements of HyBrick's support for XPointer have not detailed
which features are supported. One reason of course is that the discussion
of XPointer continues within the W3C WG. With the announcement of the most
recent version of HyBrick resulting in a significant number of downloads,
it looks like a good time to state which features are availble.
Based on the March, 1998 XPointer draft, HyBrick users can test:
- All absolute loc terms: root(), html(), id(), origin()
- All relative loc terms: child(), ancestor(), descendant(), following()
preceding(), fsibling(), psibling()
- The attr() loc term
Quick Intro: psibling Example
Here's a quick introduction to using these features:
- Go to the Samples\XLink-sample directory
- Open the readme.xml file
- Inside the first xlink element, under the first locator element:
<locator role="Hubdocument Title" href="#root().child(1,title)"/>
<locator role="Overview" href="#id(p6).psibling(1,#element)"/>
- In the first p element start tag after <title>Overview</title>,
add the attribute/value pair id="p6".
- Go to the dtd directory and open the sample.dtd file.
- Add <!ATTLIST p id ID #IMPLIED> after the <!ELEMENT p ... declaration.
Now open the readme.xml file in HyBrick.
- Left click on the title
- Note that Role Overview is now available in the Locator List.
Selecting this role causes HyBrick to scroll to 1.2 Overview.
Ralph E. Ferris
Fujitsu Software Corporation
xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:xml-dev at ic.ac.uk
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/ and on CD-ROM/ISBN 981-02-3594-1
To (un)subscribe, mailto:majordomo at ic.ac.uk the following message;
To subscribe to the digests, mailto:majordomo at ic.ac.uk the following message;
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)
More information about the Xml-dev