SAX: ModSAX addition, general property query

David Megginson david at megginson.com
Tue Mar 9 19:52:14 GMT 1999

Glenn Vanderburg writes:

 > It seems probable to me that, whatever naming scheme is chosen for
 > features, each feature will have a special interface that handlers
 > must implement

This is not the case.  Some features will require special handlers,
some will allow special handlers, and some will simply change the way
existing handlers are used.

For example, if you enable validation, you request that the parser
report additional error states the existing ErrorHandler; if you
enable text-normalisation, you simply ask the parser to guarantee that
there will never be two DocumentHandler.characters events in a row.

All the best,

David

David Megginson                 david at megginson.com
           http://www.megginson.com/