Argh...Entities

MURATA Makoto murata at apsdc.ksp.fujixerox.co.jp
Mon May 17 12:20:09 BST 1999

Paul Prescod wrote:

> I understand your goal but I think that that is too severe a constraint.

I have been the only opponent.  I am likely to lose.  (; ;)

> The convenience of annotating the tree from the schema is just too large.

I agree with this observation, but my point is that information set
contribution is ouside the scope of the schema validator.  It should be left
to application programs.  By doing so, we can make the specification a lot
simpler.

Now that schemata are in the XML syntax, they can be parsed by XML processors.
Thus, application programs can easily obtain additional information from
schemata.  We only have to allow XML schemata to have user-defined elements,
which may be used by such application programs.

Cheers,

Makoto

Fuji Xerox Information Systems

Tel: +81-44-812-7230   Fax: +81-44-812-7231
E-mail: murata at apsdc.ksp.fujixerox.co.jp

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)