Argh...Entities

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Mon May 17 16:31:50 BST 1999

MURATA Makoto wrote:

> Now that schemata are in the XML syntax, they can be parsed by XML processors.
> Thus, application programs can easily obtain additional information from
> schemata.  We only have to allow XML schemata to have user-defined elements,
> which may be used by such application programs.

If a schema parses some date text to validate it then having the
application do it again is inefficient and inconvenient. A schema could
also use content model information to report breaks between content model
chunks (if it "reported" non-terminals). This is incredibly convenient for
application designers.
 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

The dress code in Las Cruces New Mexico has been tightened [to] target
Gothic clothing, such as dark trench coats. "It is not a witch hunt"
Superintendent Jesse L. Gozales said. "It is for the safety of the kids
in our schools."  - Associated Press, May 16 1999

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)