&anytype; to RTF converter. Need help!

Marcus Carr mrc at allette.com.au
Thu May 20 04:14:28 BST 1999

Cesar wrote:

> I'd like to know if there is a converter from:
> TeX, or LaTex, or PostScript or PDF to RTF.
> I know there's something out there, but I don't have time to find it out.

I've had some luck using something called la2mif, that converts TeX to Maker Interchange
Format that can be read into FrameMaker and saved to RTF. It did a surprisingly good job on
equations, though I'm not sure how much would be retained during the conversion to RTF. For
details, try http://www.mekon.co.uk.

With small documents (on one page), you can Select all --> copy PDF data from Acrobat and
paste it into FrameMaker. Again, it's a kludge and you may have problems with character sets,
but it will at least get the data into a textual format.

Please don't judge me based on these methods - I feel cheap and dirty as it is...

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc at allette.com.au
       - Einstein