Lotsa laughs

G. Hussain Chinoy hussain at granularity.com
Tue May 25 06:42:48 BST 1999

Lisa,

	Good point in your last post.

	Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but Section 5 basically
says: "If it ain't URI syntax valid [like a space] the char must be
converted to escaped UTF-8 [%HH]", so a space becomes %20.

fyi RFC2396 2.4.3 says that "space" (among others) are excluded US-ASCII
chars w/i a URI.

http://info.internet.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc/files/rfc2396.txt

On Mon, 24 May 1999, Lisa Rein wrote:

> > This is in conformance with the W3C Character Model WD. See
> >
> >  http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-charmod#URIs
> >
> > James
> >

> Okay I read through the link and now I am really confused.  Could
> someone please explain what's going on in that section.  In english?
>
> thanks,
>
> lisa

G. Hussain Chinoy
hussain at granularity.com
Chief Information Architect, CEO
Granularity Information Architecture, Inc.
http://www.granularity.com/

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)