XSL

Lars George lgeorge at gmx.net
Wed Nov 3 22:04:26 GMT 1999

Hi Andre,

I have done the same sort of servlet (only a basic version) without the
knowledge of IBM XMLEnabler. Basically even that servlet is just a template
and gives you a good start what has to be done. The XSL processor and XML
parser part is replaceable by any of them. I use the Oracle ones right now,
as they come nicely wrapped up in one package. Works just fine although this
is still work in progress (i.e. XSL and my servlet). Another good source og
information is the Cocoon project on the Apache website
(http://java.apache.org). They do the same thing but have built a framework
that allows for easy replacement of XSL/XML packages. They already support
the major ones, but as a framework it can be easily extend to support new
ones, too.

The gist is to take the user agent info and transform the XML to whatever is
needed. Bear in mind the note Walter posted just before. Always provide for
a fallback if you can't detect the user agent.

HTH,

Lars George
Woodgate Research Pty Ltd
Brisbane, Australia