Schemas coming of age: use them

Tim Berners-Lee timbl at w3.org
Tue Nov 9 20:34:31 GMT 1999

Agenda item for chairs meeting:

As I have mentioned in various fora including the AC meeting, xml schemas
are coming of age.  It is no longer appropriate for a W3C activity to say
"well, we won't use them because they aren't here yet". They are here --
there are drafts which you can read and use.

It is now appropriate for any group developing a W3C xml application (such
as P3P, xHTML, etc) to use namespaces and schemas.  These should be seen as
the first, very important, test cases for schema: if xml-schema language
won't do what you want it to do, then get it fixed.

Working across more groups takes time but it leads to a consistent result.
Let's  make sure everything fits together at this stage!

Keep up the good work, everyone.

Tim