Feeler for SML (Simple Markup Language)

Matthew Gertner matthew at praxis.cz
Mon Nov 15 17:54:50 GMT 1999

Tim Bray wrote:
> As for the WML world, the WAP-folk have apparently taken the decision that
> none of IP/HTTP/HTML/XML are appropriate for them without significant rework.
> Anyone is free to disagree, but they're the ones building the cellphones.

Did I miss something? I have the June 99 WML draft sitting on my desk,
and while I haven't checked every detail, it looks pretty close to a
conformant XML app. There might be some problems with character encoding
and the XML declaration (or lack thereof), but I would hardly call this
"significant rework".

Matthew