About template. part 2

Don Park donpark at docuverse.com
Sat Nov 20 02:21:41 GMT 1999

>Possible issues I envision:
>---------------------------
>When part of a workflow, a model may vary in time. Thus, new
>fragments may be added, actual fragments deleted or transformed.
>Thus, our notion of XML documents as a static entity may be
>seriously handicapped when confronted to a "data flow process"
>(for computer scientists) or a business or workflow process
>(for business scientists). Can we envision an XML document with a
>structure varying in time? We may have to if we want to create
>"data flow" systems to model business processes (i.e. workflows).

Looks like we are heading toward same goal via different mental
track.  The word 'document' invokes too many preconceived notions
to be used in this context, I believe.  XML stream is more like it.
XML stream that changes its structure over time requires dynamic
schema with ability to redefine, augment, remove schema fragments.

Implementation wise, this is rather simple.  Have client dynamically
download schema fragment-specific handlers.  Security is no problem
since they are restricted to operations on the stream itself.  Java
is a perfect fit for this.

>Dreams are simply potential realities unknown author.

I think dreams are brain farts but I your description *sounds*
better. <g>

Best,

Don Park    -   mailto:donpark at docuverse.com
Docuverse   -   http://www.docuverse.com