What is a document?

Steven Livingstone, ITS, SENM steven.livingstone at scotent.co.uk
Mon Nov 22 15:11:04 GMT 1999

I would say the content is the document. The BizTalk framework will simply
allow content to be transported in a message format, telling processers
which understand the relevent tags (ie. the BizTalk environment) what to do
with the content - where to route it etc...

I suppose it's much like posting a letter, where your content is hidden
within the envelope and the envelope simply has instructions (ie. Airmail,
Address etc..) on how the envelope should be handled? - Not sure about
postcards though?

That's a bit simple to explain the entire framework, but some BizTalk
processing would have to be done, although there is no reason why you should
not be able to directly extract the XML content within the <message> tags?

Steven

Steven Livingstone - http://www.deltabiz.com
07771 957 280 or +447771957280

Professional Site Server 3, Wrox Press
http://www.wrox.com/Consumer/Store/Details.asp?ISBN=1861002696
Professional Site Server 3.0 Commerce Edition, Wrox Press
http://www.wrox.com/Consumer/Store/Details.asp?ISBN=1861002505