Why namespaces?

Ann Navarro ann at webgeek.com
Wed Sep 1 16:30:13 BST 1999

At 09:17 AM 9/1/99 +0800, James Tauber wrote:

>Exactly. As I suggested on the XML Plenary list,
>
>"we would only need separate namespaces for each flavour of XHTML if people
>are going to want to mix the three flavours in the one document and
>distinguish the different usages of the element/attributes names in the
>intersection."

I admit to not having seen this argument on Plenary, but it's probably one
of the more cogent arguments I've seen on the topic (rather than the more
ethereal "you're ruining everything!" :) )

Ann
---

Author of Effective Web Design: Master the Essentials
Coming in September --- Mastering XML

Founder, WebGeek Communications            http://www.webgeek.com
Vice President-Finance, HTML Writers Guild http://www.hwg.org
Director, HWG Online Education             http://www.hwg.org/services/classes