XHTML & Schemas

Oren Ben-Kiki oren at capella.co.il
Thu Sep 2 14:38:43 BST 1999

David Megginson <david at megginson.com> wrote:
> Yes -- XML-Schema is not XML.  XML-Schema is (currently) getting it
> wrong, but they're in the early drafts, so I still hope for their
> redemption.

That's well and good, but we can't wait until the XSchema recommendation is
finalized. XHTML is due to be finalized much earlier, and as we've seen it
depends on what the decision in XSchema will be. I don't know how the W3C
process handles such a conflict. What will happen if XHTML makes a decision,
and the XSchema draft then changes so it no longer makes sense?

Share & Enjoy,

    Oren Ben-Kiki

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)