XML Database/Repository with content indexing ?

Michael Champion mike.champion at sagus.com
Tue Sep 7 17:04:10 BST 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Patrice Bonhomme <Patrice.Bonhomme at loria.fr>
To: <xml-dev at ic.ac.uk>
Sent: Monday, September 06, 1999 12:59 PM
Subject: XML Database/Repository with content indexing ?

> <Hi/>
>
> I was wondering if it exists some XML database system that provide a
content
> (full text) indexing mechanism. This system should be able to answer to
this
> query : give me all documents that contains the expression "big blue"
within
> their "/TEI.2/teiHeader/*/title" element(s).

My apologies if this goes out twice, but check out Software AG's soon to be
released  native XML database system at http://www.softwareag.com/tamino/

Also, the "XML and Databases" article pointed to by Ron Bourret's recent
posting contains a nice summary of various XML database products.

Mike Champion

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)