XML Database/Repository with content indexing ?

Walter Underwood wunder at infoseek.com
Tue Sep 7 19:26:08 BST 1999

At 06:59 PM 9/6/99 +0200, Patrice Bonhomme wrote:

>I was wondering if it exists some XML database system that provide a content
>(full text) indexing mechanism. This system should be able to answer to this
>query : give me all documents that contains the expression "big blue" within
>their "/TEI.2/teiHeader/*/title" element(s).

Ultraseek Server is a full-text search engine that handles XML.
If most of your searches are by experts, with complex boolean
queries and arbitrary element context, Ultraseek Server is not
the answer. But if you want to find "big blue" in title elements,
search for phrases, handle plurals in English, French, and other
languages (stemming), then Ultraseek Server is a good fit.

See: http://software.infoseek.com/

wunder
--
Walter R. Underwood