MSXML for Java Questions

Marko Zerdin marko.zerdin at ixtlan-team.si
Thu Sep 9 12:28:33 BST 1999

Hi everybody.

1) Does anybody know if Microsoft is going to support public (free) MSXML
packages for Java? The signals from Microsoft have been far from unanimous.

2) I also have an interesting problem. I'm using Visual J++ for development
environment, and com.ms.xml.om package for parsing XML
(Document.load(InputStream) method, didn't try the other versions because I
need just this one). The problem is with the following code (I've made it
the shortest XML that produces this problem):

<Document>
   <Structures>
      <BankAccountInfo>
         <BankNumberCode>value</BankNumberCode>
         <BankAccountTypeID>value</BankAccountTypeID>
         <BankAccountPart1>value</BankAccountPart1>
         <BankAccountPart2>value</BankAccountPart2>
         <BankAccountPart3>value</BankAccountPart3>
      </BankAccountInfo>
   </Structures>
   <Messages>
      <Transactions>
         <t_Transaction>
            <CashAccount>
               <BankAccountInfo>
                  <BankNumberCode>value</BankNumberCode>
                  <BankAccountTypeID>value</BankAccountTypeID>
                  <BankAccountPart1>value</BankAccountPart1>
                  <BankAccountPart2>value</BankAccountPart2>
                  <BankAccountPart3>value</BankAccountPart3>
               </BankAccountInfo>
            </CashAccount>
         </t_Transaction>
      </Transactions>
   </Messages>
</Document>

When I call the method Document.load(InputStream), I get the following
error:
Line 19, Column 44: Close tag BankAccountPart1 does not match start tag
BankAccountPart1.

I've also found out, that I don't have this error if I remove one letter
from the tag (for example, if I replace BankAccountPart in the tags by
BankAccountPar).

If anybody knows the problem and is able to explain to me, what's the rule
for this error to occur, I would really appreciate it.

Regards,

Marko.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)