enumeration and defaults

Simon St.Laurent simonstl at simonstl.com
Tue Sep 14 00:06:34 BST 1999

At 05:40 PM 9/13/99 -0400, Stewart Rubenstein wrote:
>It's important to distinguish between empty-value and not-present.

Okay - that lets me re-read Tim's reply to suggest that the case I was
proposing is in fact doable, though under a slightly different
interpretation than I originally gave the spec.  I don't need empty value,
and can do what I need with not-present, so I think we're all right.  When
I hit a case where I need empty value but present, we may be stuck again
and it'll be time for schemas to ride in as cavalry.

Sounds good, sounds like XHTML is off the hook (for once).  A nice way to
end a day.

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer (2nd Ed - September)
Building XML Applications