Sybase and XML?

Ronald Bourret rbourret at ito.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Sep 16 12:30:06 BST 1999

Ken North wrote:

> Microsoft announced their plans just this week. SQL Server 7.0 does not
> include the Java VM for running Java classes installed in the database.
>
> Sybase, Oracle, and IBM have been shipping servers that integrate a Java
VM
> (Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0 and newer, IBM DB2 UDB 5.0 and
newer,
> and Oracle 8.1.4 and newer). Informix and IBM are in beta test with new
> releases having XML extensions. Ditto Oracle 8.1.6 and Sybase ASE.

Do you know of any URLs with technical details?  I've poked around the IBM,
Microsoft, Sybase, and Informix web sites, but can't find anything specific
-- for example, a search on the Informix site turns up exactly for
instances of the word XML. I'm also interested in information about ADO and
XML, if you know of any.

-- Ron Bourret

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)