Sybase and XML?

Ken North ken_north at compuserve.com
Thu Sep 16 23:19:00 BST 1999

Ronald Bourret wrote:
> Do you know of any URLs with technical details?  I've poked around the
IBM,
> Microsoft, Sybase, and Informix web sites, but can't find anything
specific

Ron,

1. The Sybase site has some white papers in PDF format. You can find them by
searching on XML.

2. AFAIK, nothing has been published on the Informix site.

3. Microsoft just made its announcement this week. The code name for the
next release of SQL Server is Shiloh, so you might try using that for
further searching.

4. Information isn't freely available because beta testers sign a
non-disclosure agreement. Anything I can post here has to have been publicly
disclosed.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)