Another look at namespaces

Marc.McDonald at Design-Intelligence.com Marc.McDonald at Design-Intelligence.com
Sat Sep 18 03:33:19 BST 1999

> : 	RE: Another look at namespaces

> XML
> >>
> >> We didn't decide someone else's problem. We took a work in progress and
> >> used it as the basis of *one* aspect (out of several) for our decision
> on
> >> the namespace issue.
> >>
> >> Ann
> >>
> >> But that is jumping the gun - part of a work in progress  is in a
> proposed
> >> recommendation.
>

> The key phrase in there is "one aspect"  -- and we're still not *using*
> schemas, we're addressing the possibility that this may happen, as well as
> dealing with the other use cases described in Steven's message.
>
> Ann

	"... we're addressing the possiblity that this may happen ..."
	I just don't see why a proposed recommendation should address a
possibility in an area that hasn't even had a working draft released. Just
don't address it until it is a recommendation and save us all this time.

	Which Steven and which message? There have been so many messages and
I didn't see it in the Sept archive.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)