XMLized mails (RE: We gotta break up these digests)

Miloslav Nic nicmila at vscht.cz
Wed Sep 22 13:30:51 BST 1999

The XML listing on xml-dev would be excellent, but there would be
definitively problems with its introductions.
There is a partial solution, which would work as I hope from the
beginning.

Anybody who wishes to say something XMLized can do it, if we agree on
DTD. Then archive can be browsed on daily basis with a Perl script,
which will create valid xml documents from the tagged parts of e-mail.
So if we decide to use e.g. root element XML_DEV
then  following bit of text will be extracted from this message into a
file.

<XML_DEV>
</XML_DEV>

The script should assign to each XML_DEV an unique ID, and use this ID
to name the file.
I would be probably ideal, if there would be a site, which would offer
this raw data in the form of xml files so everybody could use them as
he/she wishes.

Dr. Miloslav Nic                        e-mail: nicmila at vscht.cz
Department of Organic Chemistry         TEL: +420 2 2435 5012
ICT Prague (VSCHT Praha)                     +420 2 2435 4118
    				        FAX: +420 2 2435 4288