Don't forget Robin Cover's site

David Megginson david at megginson.com
Wed Sep 22 15:31:38 BST 1999

Don Park writes:

 > >This is a neat idea, but I guess the same arguments apply - who
 > >has the time to produce it?
 >
 > I believe there is enough interest in this, more so as XML gains popularity,
 > that an individual can create an ad-supported executive summary style
 > newsletter.  XMLWatch.com?  Members of emerging technology community usually
 > has much higher influence on future purchases so it makes sense.
 > Reader-base should be fairly diverse as well so it should be very
 > interesting.

Don knows this already, but in case anyone's not aware, Robin Cover
has for years run a similar service for both SGML and XML.  He doesn't
summarize *all* of the debates, but he does include all of the
announcements and summaries of some of the major discussions (like
attributes vs. elements):

  http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/

When I'm having a busy day and am deleting most mailing-list traffic
without reading it, I usually take five minutes to go to Robin's "SGML
and XML News" page to make certain that I haven't missed anything:

  http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/sgmlnew.html

All the best,

David

David Megginson                 david at megginson.com