Don't forget Robin Cover's site

Steven Livingstone, ITS, SENM steven.livingstone at scotent.co.uk
Wed Sep 22 15:48:17 BST 1999

>When I'm having a busy day and am deleting most mailing-list traffic
>without reading it,

I do ths exact same and I am subscribed to 8 mailing lists, but there are
specifc subjects within each list I am interested in and I'm afraid Outlook
search doesn't work that great. For example, I have no idea what "groves"
even are, but I am very intersted in XML-RPC discussions or Namespace
discussions etc...

Is it not time we started to get around this problem?
We are in the right place to at least make a start on it !

Over at BizTalk.org, there is some community work on an intelligent
newsreader to summarise threads on the web site as people like to read
offline. I see no reason why the same ideas could not be used for mailing
lists? Dave at Userland has also used a similar (ish) idea for online
discussion groups using RPC and it works very well.

cheers,
Steven

Steven Livingstone - http://www.deltabiz.com
07771 957 280 or +447771957280