Grooves: why are "data" designed as properties and not nodes ?

Ken MacLeod ken at bitsko.slc.ut.us
Sun Sep 26 16:27:41 BST 1999

"Anders W. Tell" <anderst at toolsmiths.se> writes:

> Thanks for the clarifications, I think Im getting a feel for how
> groves works.
>
> However my initial question remains, why are "data" located in
> properties and not nodes.
>
> If actual "data" where to be moved into Nodes the Grove model would
> still be well defined and maybe even simpler to understand and work
> with.

I'm not seeing what you're seeing.  I don't see how a property is
somehow seperate from the node that carries it, i.e. you retrieve data
by accessing a field (property) of the node.  Properties don't exist
seperately from their node (the _values_ can be retrieved and used
seperately).

--
  Ken MacLeod
  ken at bitsko.slc.ut.us