unsubscribe plea

Randy Bryan rbryan at CapAccess.org
Wed Feb 2 00:54:36 GMT 2000

Thanks to the many of you who offered advise
to one of the more hostile members of your community (myself).

The reason for my frustration is that I tried all
of your suggestions.  I've sent unsubscribe email
to the majordomo and various xml-dev-request accounts.
And I sent one directly to the person doing the
conversion.  The only response to these is messages
stating that I'm not a subscriber.
But I continue to receive 500K messages.

You see, my email reader won't let me read messages
500K in size due in part to a bug and that I have
a limit on this account of 1Meg at any given time, which
is always exceeded when I get the xml-dev.

Thanks to you who showed me the new "can't unsubscribe"
message.

Also, I don't have a spam filter to use in the meantime
because all I have is an old version of pine.

The thing that's most frustrating is that my ISP
keeps sending me threats to delete my account for going
over the size limits.  I've had this account for 5 years.
All of my friends from way back know this account.
If I lose it I may lose contact with some people I only
email with every year or so.

Isn't there something someone could do?

Please note: New list subscriptions and unsubscriptions
are  now ***CLOSED*** in preparation for list transfer to OASIS.