LISTADMIN: RE: unsubscribe plea

Peter Murray-Rust peter at ursus.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 2 09:01:17 GMT 2000

At 07:57 PM 2/1/72 -0500, Randy Bryan wrote:

>Thanks to the many of you who offered advise
>to one of the more hostile members of your community (myself).
>
>The reason for my frustration is that I tried all
>of your suggestions.  I've sent unsubscribe email
>to the majordomo and various xml-dev-request accounts.
>And I sent one directly to the person doing the
>conversion.  The only response to these is messages
>stating that I'm not a subscriber.
>But I continue to receive 500K messages.

[... difficult with ISP problem snipped ...]

I am answering instead of Henry (who has other unavoidable commitments
beyond his control). I sympathise [I do all my e-mail domestically and run
into similar - but not identical problems.]

The position is that Henry cannot for (a) physical and (b) institutional
reasons manage the subscriber list at present. [The closure was to protect
against new subscriptions.] The transfer to OASIS *is* proceeding - please
accept that *my* giving details would not be useful.

In passing, I should again point out these problems are th tip of the
iceberg that Henry has had to deal with every week for the last three
years. We all owe him a great deal of gratitude.

Meanwhile all I can ask is:
	PLEASE DO NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE MESSAGES TO THE LIST.
	PLEASE DO NOT REPEAT ANY DISCUSSION ON UNSUBSCRIPTION.

	P.

Please note: New list subscriptions and unsubscriptions
are  now ***CLOSED*** in preparation for list transfer to OASIS.