Introduction

Lajos Moczar lmocz at galatea.com
Wed Feb 2 03:34:08 GMT 2000

Yes, but I think the point is that when you use GPL components in your
commercial products your products are thereby GPL-ed. If you want to
protect your commercial source code, components with straight GPL licenses
won't work.

David Brownell wrote:
>Lars Marius Garshol wrote:
>>
>> I don't know what programming language you use, but chances are you
>> will find a parser written in it at:

>> The licenses of the free parsers vary. Some have BSD-ish licenses
>> (which means you can use them), while others use the GPL, which means
>> that you can't use them in a commercial product.
>
>You can use GPL software in commercial products.  Look at all the
>Linux vendors, for example.  Depends on the goals of your product.

Lajos Moczar
Galatea IS Inc.

Please note: New list subscriptions and unsubscriptions
are  now ***CLOSED*** in preparation for list transfer to OASIS.