unsubscribe me

Radhika Srivatsa radhika at ans.net
Fri Feb 4 14:34:46 GMT 2000

I guess we should give some credibility to the last 2 lines in the
footer of this mail which says that new subscriptions/unsubscriptions are
closed and I am assuming hopefully that the subsc/unsubsc operation will
continue smoothly after the list transefer to the new system.

BTW, how long has these footer lines been appearing in the xml-dev
mails? If it has been appearing for a long time now (I am a new member),
then yes, I agree with your point that the mailgroup is not being
maintained well!

But it is nauseating to see all these "unsubscribe me" mails also flooding
the xml-dev list even more!! I too want myself to be removed from this
list and so have sent a mail to marjarodomo and have kept quiet until they
respond.

One way of avoiding your mbox being filled up is by adding filters to your
mailer systems so that such unwanted mails go in a different folder which
you can do a mass delete of. On UNIX systems, there is something called
procmail and if you check man pages on this, you can get an indea of
writing these filters.

Good Luck!

-Radhika Srivatsa
IOS, UUNET Technologies, Ann Arbor, MI.