New version of the Table of contents document

Didier PH Martin martind at netfolder.com
Sat Feb 5 19:46:50 GMT 2000

Hi Eric,

Eric said:
Using your TOC pattern, it could be something like :

<topic name="food" lang="en" xlink:title="Road runner food"
	xlink:type="simple" xlink:href="Product/food.html"/`>
<topic name="food" lang="fr" xlink:title="L'alimentation de road runner"
	xlink:type="simple" xlink:href="Produits/alimentation.html"/`>

This would allow to define, using a namespace to define, something like
:

<link ref="food"> which would generate the link for the current language
or <link ref="food" lang="fr"> which would force the language to
english.

Didier replies:
If I understand you well, you are using the attribute "name" to distinguish
the topic's "name" from the topic's "display name". Am I interpreting
correctly what you mean?

If my understanding is correct, I think that your proposal make sense in an
international context or in any contexts where there is more than one way to
name things. So, with your name attribute, the topic keeps its identity for
any language or context.

Before I commit any changes to the TOC specs, tell me if I interpreted well
your thoughts.

Cheers
Didier PH Martin
Email: martind at netfolder.com
Conferences: Web New York (http://www.mfweb.com)
Book to come soon: XML Pro published by Wrox Press
Products: http://www.netfolder.com

Please note: New list subscriptions and unsubscriptions
are  now ***CLOSED*** in preparation for list transfer to OASIS.