locally scoped element decls and namespaces

Henry S. Thompson ht at cogsci.ed.ac.uk
Tue Jan 4 20:57:36 GMT 2000

There's an implication of your approach which I think I want to
disagree with, namely that two documents each with no namespace
declarations at all ipso facto put their GIs in the SAME, default
[your word] namespace.  I don't read the namespace REC as allowing
this inference.  It says they are in no namespace, and I think we
should respect that.  There's nothing in what I wrote (or I didn't
intend there to be) which licenses the inference that by
'##noNamespace' I mean to provide a namespace URI for the universal
default namespace -- I quite specifically do NOT mean that, but rather
to shoehorn into the xsi:schemaLocation syntax a way of saying that
the schema which provides constraints for the names in this document
which are in no namespace can be found . . .

ht
	    Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht at cogsci.ed.ac.uk