SAX2: Which license?

Tim Bray tbray at textuality.com
Mon Jan 10 19:24:19 GMT 2000

At 02:08 PM 1/10/00 -0500, David Megginson wrote:

>I'll take this as a (very well-reasoned) vote for leaving SAX2 in the
>Public Domain, just like SAX1.  With SAX1, I made that decision rather
>autocratically (I just did it), but I'd like to hear a range of
>opinions before we commit to a license for SAX2.

Yes, quite convincing.  The real problem we'd like to solve is, we'd
like to try to prevent anyone who makes incompatible changes from still
claiming it to be "SAX" and using the org.xml.sax package name.  Right?

Is there anything in the way of licensing, trademark, or copyright
machinery that would be helpful? -Tim