SaxStreamValidator? (Was: String interning)

Clark C. Evans clark.evans at manhattanproject.com
Tue Jan 18 03:47:53 GMT 2000

I'm concerned that String interning adds one more place for
an SAX event emitter to go wrong.  However, the benifits seem
like they outweigh the costs.  Thus, I'm ok with it.

  However, perhaps we need a SaxGround as well...

This would allow me to "quickly" check to see if
the producer is following the specification; for
instance, in addition to verifying that all strings
are interned, it could also check begin/end pair
matching  and other constraints on the event
stream that could be sparking wires.  I think
this would be a handy debugging tool.

Best,

Clark