Why didn't I get a digest today, and why wasn't my yesterday's posting archived?

Leigh Dodds ldodds at ingenta.com
Wed Jan 19 16:22:52 GMT 2000

> Yesterday I posted a message to the group with subject:
> CamelCase names for XML elements vs. property names for Java beans

Your message did get through to the list.

> I went to the archive site at http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/
> and there I see one response to my message, but not my message
> itself?! How did that happen?

Its not the first time this has happened. Messages go missing quite
often. I'm hoping that when the list finally transitions to OASIS
some of these issues will be solved.

I tend to notice them more than most people as I have to dig
around in the archives on a daily basis to produce eclectic [1].

I was had been hoping to link to your mail today, but was unable
to because of this problem.

eclectic can't cover every mail on the list, but I try to capture
the main topics/viewpoints. (those of you who have just unsuccessfully
unsubscribed might be interested in this too ;)

Cheers,

L.

[1]. http://weblogs.userland.com/eclectic